Monday, August 23, 2010

Poetry: I'm Wrong

Because I am so enthralled by the art of placing one's words on paper for all to see, I am a large fan of poetry of all kinds. I like professional poetry but amatuer poetry is just as fascinating. I'm going to share a couple of my works that I have written and some new ones as I write them. Some are better than others and I'd love to read some works of anyone else who might be interested in sharing. This is my newest poem I wrote last night just before creating my blog.






I’m Wrong




I am wrong, wrong, and wrong once more


It seems as though my throat should sore


From being wrong much more and more


I can’t work out how I can end


My wronging streak that just won’t bend


So I can mouth a truth to send


Maybe its just cause I’m a man


Or possibly arrogance can


Let others know I’m wrong again


I understand words can thunder


Sometimes, although, I just wonder


Why my wrongness makes asunder


My wife alone attempts to know


Why I cannot speak truth and grow


Without wrongness feeding my flow


She says, “Don’t fear, I see your plot


And have discerned what you have sought


Its quite simple, woman you're not


And that alone is why you’re wrong.”

No comments:

Post a Comment