Monday, August 23, 2010

Poetry: Reliably Yours

This poem was obviously inspired by my wife (who was only a girlfriend at the time). She enjoys this poem a lot and it's probably my favorite so far that I've written because I'm a hopeless romantic.






Reliably Yours




Twas thy innocence what won


Mine passion with thee.


To others I am none,


But with thee I can be.


All days are unique,


When spent next to you.


I know naught but seek


Thine heart, through and through.


Thou art a fair princess,


Solely of noble intention.


Thy love for righteousness


Is worth an ample mention.


I feel as if I've known you


For forever and a day,


But I haven't found a clue


How to make thee stay.


I sense thy secret sorrow;


I feel it as a plea.


If only I knew by morrow,


So I might take thy pain from thee.


Thou sayest naught but tender love;


All thy words for me.


Praying to our God above:


“Will this end happily?”

No comments:

Post a Comment